What to know about Cloudways CDN? Read further in this Cloudways CDN Review 2021.
Cloud computing is becoming a huge driver for the business of the day. It is a technology that enables businesses to access resources that otherwise they would have had to set up on their own with a huge initial investment. If the internet was a leveller for the common man, cloud computing is the internet equivalent for businesses.
You can also get detailed insights into Cloudways by reading our detailed Cloudways Review.
It makes the most advanced IT infrastructure available to every Client organization thereby taking down any walls which were blocking the growth of some due to lack of resources or ability to scale their infrastructure.
Cloud services is a highly scalable, reliable, cost-effective, and state-of-the-art IT framework. There are many cloud service providers with a wide variety of offerings catering to different business needs depending upon the business model, scale of operations, strategies, etc..
Content Delivery Networks (CDN) are applications that can integrate the distributed cloud infrastructure with your business applications.
About Cloudways CDN
Cloudways CDN offers services in the form of a managed cloud hosting platform by integrating your business applications with cloud infrastructure. It simplifies the process of scaling and managing cloud resources and helps you focus on your business with reduced effort and time.
Cloudways CDN platform is also designed to be efficient and up to high-performance standards to deliver a high-quality seamless cloud integration.
Cloudways CDN caters to over 250,000 websites and with the help of over 60 data centers around the globe. You can find numerous testimonials from happy customers and brands at the Cloudways CDN website about the top-class services provided by.
Cloudways CDN offers you a top of the line cloud hosting service along with the expertise of professionals at your disposal for migrating and running your business on the cloud.
What is Cloudways CDN?
Cloudways CDN is a platform that bridges the cloud infrastructure with your business application.
Cloudways CDN also offers cloud hosting services for websites, online stores, e-commerce applications, and managed cloud services for Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and similar such IaaS services. The products and services offered by Cloudways CDN fall under the following broad categories:
- WordPress hosting: Cloudways CDN offers cloud hosting for your WordPress sites with top of the line cloud IaaS providers like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Linode, and Vultr. Cloudways CDN has hosted over 600,000 WordPress websites in over 120,000 cloud servers.
- Magento and Woocommerce hosting: Cloudways CDN hosts your Magento and Woocommerce online stores and offers the benefits of cloud hosting including data security, backup, and scalability as your business grows in size. PHP, Laravel & Drupal Hosting: Cloudways CDN hosts your web applications and supports PHP frameworks on the cloud. It simplifies app installation and management with the click of a button.
- Joomla: Manage your Joomla websites on Cloudways CDN and experience the benefits of better speeds and higher performance. Install and manage Joomla within Cloudways CDN at the click of a button and get going without any delay.
- Managed IaaS services: Cloudways CDN offers you a simplified platform to manage cloud infrastructure from a variety of big names like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Linode, Vultr, and Digital Ocean. Manage and scale your cloud infrastructure depending on your business needs and experience optimum costs and returns on investment.
Why use Cloudways CDN?
Cloudways CDN offers a plethora of benefits in managing your cloud integration and migration. Cloudways CDN is trusted by thousands of businesses and hosts over a quarter-million websites on its CDN.
Choose your IaaS providers: Cloudways CDN offers you the flexibility to select the IaaS of your choice. You can also avail of a combination of IaaS services to optimize the costs and performance of your IT infrastructure giving you maximum returns on your investment.
Select your data center: Cloudways CDN offers to host your website and application with cloud servers at over 60 data centers around the globe. You get the flexibility to select the data center nearest to your market to get the enhanced performance of your digital application.
Leverage on cloud resources from the best IaaS services: Migrate your business to the cloud with Cloudways CDN and avail cloud resources from the best names in the industry along with the benefits of the Cloudways CDN platform like 24/7 Chat and Ticket support, managed security, dedicated firewalls, managed website migration, built-in SQL manager, and easy SSL installation and auto-renewal.
SSD and data back-up: Cloudways CDN offers SSD-based data storage for faster access and load times enhancing the performance of your website and applications. Cloudways CDN offers data backups for data protection and redundancy.
Cloudways CDN offers a host of features when it comes to your web hosting and managed cloud service. Cloudways CDN features fall under eight broad categories as below:
- Dedicated Firewalls: Cloudways CDN servers are protected with OS-level firewalls that protect against cyber-attacks and malware.
- Built-in SSL: Cloudways CDN has a built-in free SSL that protects your website and is compatible with HTTPS requirements.
- IP Whitelisting: Allows you to collaborate over the network with other stakeholders with unrestricted access.
- Regular Security Patching: Cloudways perform regular security patch updates on your OS thereby ensuring the services are up-to-date and secure.
- Two-Factor Authentication: TFA provides an extra layer of security against breach by any intruder.
- Bot Protection: Cloudways allows you to protect your website against increased load caused by bots and DoS attacks which can cause disruption.
- Choice of IaaS providers: Select from renowned IaaS providers like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Linode, and Vultr for cloud hosting and managed services.
- Scalability: Enjoy the benefits of the cloud in the form of scalability in terms of storage and computational resources.
- Pay-As-You-Go: With Cloudways CDN services, pay-as-you-go and pay for just what you need and use without the limitations of a fixed-term contract.
- PHP App Support: Cloudways CDN supports all PHP applications enabling you to develop server-side scripts and web applications.
- Database Options: With Cloudways CDN, you can choose between MySQL and MariaDB as the tour backend for your application based on your preference.
- Global Reach: Choose a data center nearest to you from a network of over 60 data centers across the globe. This geographical spread helps you get faster speeds and optimum performance.
- Git integration: With Cloudways CDN, you can deploy updated code in the Git repositories on the live servers at the click of a button.
- SSH and SFTP Access: Securely access files and folders on servers with SSH and SFTP access.
- Cloning: Clone the entire application along with the backend at the clock of a button.
- One Account, Multiple Team’s: Cloudways allows one person with a single account to be a part of multiple teams and access workflows from each team.
- Projects: Multiple applications can be managed on Cloudways by segregating them into projects which can then be assigned to teams and team members accordingly.
- Staging Area and URL: Cloudways provides you with the feature to test your application in a dedicated environment. Post testing, you can go live with the click of a button.
- Server Transfer: Server Transfer feature allows you to transfer ownership of the server to your Client with the click of a button.
- Cloudways Migrate Plugin: Migrate your WordPress website from your old hosting to Cloudways with convenience and for free.
- Server configuration: Cloudways servers are customizable with a variety of options and applications that can be deployed with the click of a button.
- Backup & amp Restore: Cloudways provides you one-click backup and restores the capability to protect your website and business and provide storage redundancy.
- Cron Job Manager: Cloudways CDN enables you to schedule Cron jobs with the Cron Job Manager easily.
- WP-CLI pre-installed: Cloudways servers come with WP-CLI pre-installed to provide you full control over your WordPress website.
- 1-Click Stop App: Cloudways platform offers you the power to stop or disable access to any application with a single click.
- App Settings: Cloudways CDN UI provides all the tools for you to control your application settings from the platform itself.
- Supervised Queue Manager: Available for applications, the queue manager allows you to schedule and manage processes.
- Application Server Location: With Cloudways CDN, you can change the server location for any application with just a click of a button.
- BOT channels: Cloudways CDN sends notifications of events using Slack, HipChat, and API.
- Cloudways API: You can easily integrate any of your applications with the Cloudways, the platform using the Cloudways RESTful API.
- SMTP Add-on: This feature enables you to send and manage emails from your servers.
- Rackspace Email: Cloudways CDN can integrate with the Rackspace Cloud Server Email add-on.
- DNS Add-on: Cloudways offers a premium DNS add-on so that your website is not down or unreachable due to DNS error.
- Real-time Monitoring: Cloudways CDN provides real-time monitoring of your applications and cloud services to keep track and help you stay updated.
- New Relic Integration: Cloudways CDN platform allows you to enable new relics to monitor bottlenecks and performance issues in your applications.
Cloudways CDN Pricing
Cloudways services are offered in a Pay-As-You-Go model where you pay only for what you use. The charges can be calculated every month or on an hourly basis.
The monthly rates for different cloud server configurations with Digital Ocean as Iaas provider areas below:
The hourly charges for Cloudways CDN platform with Digital Ocean as IaaS provider are as below:
The monthly rates for different cloud server configurations with AWS as Iaas provider are as below:
The hourly rates for different cloud server configurations with AWS as Iaas provider are as below:
The monthly rates for different cloud server configurations with Google Cloud as Iaas provider are as below:
The hourly rates for different cloud server configurations with Google Cloud as Iaas provider are as below:
The monthly rates for different cloud server configurations with Linode as Iaas provider are as below:
The hourly charges for Cloudways CDN platform with Linode as IaaS provider are as below:
The monthly rates for different cloud server configurations with Vultr as Iaas provider areas below:
The hourly charges for Cloudways CDN platform with Vultr as IaaS provider are as below:
The above prices are standard. There are additional variants and add-on features that would change the pricing. However, you pay only for what you use and have complete flexibility in selecting the cloud service as per the needs of your business. This flexibility lets you start and even scale your business without a huge CAPEX investment and helps you grow your business faster than the traditional model.
Pros & Cons
FAQs on Cloudways CDN:
✅ Which Cloud IaaS providers are available with Cloudways CDN?
Cloudways CDN allows you to use services from a variety of IaaS like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Vultr, and Linode. The pricing depends on the IaaS you select and the resources selected.
👉 What is meant by the Pay-As-You-Go Model of Pricing?
Pay-As-You-Go model of pricing implies that you can avail of the services of Cloudways CDN and you will be charged only for what resources you use and for how long. There are no fixed-term contracts requiring CAPEX and down payments. This is very beneficial for small businesses and agencies that are just growing and want to scale up at optimum costs.
🎉 What type of Customer Support SLA are available with Cloudways CDN?
Cloudways offers three variants of SLA as below: Standard SLA: Provides standard customer support through call and chat along with ticket resolution of issues and queries. Advanced SLA: Provides priority response through chat and ticket resolution under 3 hours. Premium SLA: Provides dedicated support contact with customer service for priority response at all times.
💼 Who Should Use Cloudways CDN?
Anybody who has a complex website or mobile application and more than one user. Moreover, it is most beneficial for the users spread across the globe. eCommerce, Govt organizations, Media publications and other organizations can benefit from CDNs.
⚡ Which One Should You Choose Between Cloudways CDN and Cloudflare?
If you have a static website with a large user base spread across the globe, we recommend using Cloudways CDN. However, if you have a dynamic content which needs multiple hits to acess the server, Cloudflare is a better choice.
Conclusion: Cloudways CDN Review 2021 | Should You Go For It?
Cloudways CDN offers a user-friendly platform for cloud integration and hosting for your websites and applications.
It is flexible so that you can benefit from picking and choosing different IaaS services while also availing of state-of-the-art platform features like security, firewall, app management, and integration, and round-the-clock customer support.
Cloudways CDN offers you a state-of-the-art cloud hosting service along with the assistance of experts for migrating and running your business on the cloud.
Cloudways CDN offers a one-stop-shop for your cloud infrastructure. The platform is user friendly and allows you to manage your cloud services at the touch of a button. The Cloudways platform bridges the gap between you and cloud facilities to provide a seamless migration and integration of your business with the cloud. Combined with a Pay-As-You-Go model, it is a very light-weight, user-friendly, and scalable tool for growing businesses.